ULI Netherlands and ULI South East Florida-Caribbean Come Together to discuss Climate Resilience
Recent hurricane destruction across Puerto Rico, Sint Maarten and the Bahamas, reveals an urgency to rethink urban resilience and regeneration in the Caribbean. At the same time, the Dutch knowledge and leadership on climate mitigation across urban design, development and investment are growing. This Roundtable brought together Dutch planners, designers, architects, engineers, financial institutions, developers, and investors to discuss new solutions and share global best practice. The two speakers included:
Mr. Adam Greenfader, Chair of the ULI SE Florida/Caribbean Council – shared experiences and outcome advice from the ULI Advisory Services Panelists in the Municipality of Toa Baja, Puerto Rico after the catastrophic and deadly 2017 Hurricane Maria.
Presentation by Mr. Henk Ovink, Dutch special envoy to the United Nations on Water, and flood expert shared insights into global climate change challenges and the Dutch resilience plans for both the Netherlands and Dutch Caribbean.
Some of the works discussed:
- ULI Puerto Rico Panel: https://americas.uli.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/ULI-Documents/ULI-ASP_Report_ToaBaja_PR_Final.pdf
- The Geography of Future Water Challenges.Pdf: https://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/downloads/pbl-2018-the-geography-of-future-water-challenges-2920_2.pdf
- Web: https://themasites.pbl.nl/future-water-challenges/
- The Global Commission and Center on Adaptation:www.gca.org
- Report: https://gca.org/global-commission-on-adaptation/report
- Rebuild by Design:http://www.rebuildbydesign.org/our-work/sandy-projects
- Too Big. Rebuild by Design: A Transformative Approach to Climate Changehttps://www.nai010.com/en/too-big
- And Water as Leverage:www.waterasleverage.org